Thursday 26 March 2015

New Brush Reviews, Too Faced Mascara, Mac Strobe Cream & Eye Palette | REVIEWS... ♡

Hello Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog, i hope you're enjoying your Thursday evening. Today i'm going to be reviewing my newest Zoeva brushes, Real Technique Sculpting Set, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Mac Strobe Cream & Sleek Eye Palette ♡


1. Silk Finish 102 Brush - £11.20

I wanted a new foundation brush as the one i was currently using was the "Sigma F82 Kabuki Brush" and it isn't very soft so it feels a bit harsh on my skin when i'm blending in my foundation and i also had to push the brush down hard, in order for it to blend well which then hurt my hand lol! This Zoeva brush is SO soft and blends my foundation flawlessly, i absolutely love it. I just put my foundation all around my face and then blend with this and it blends really quickly and eveningly too. I really recommend this brush for anybody looking for a new foundation brush! It's quite similar to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, but it's more softer i think ♡




2. Powder 106 Brush - £11.50 

Before I started using this brush, i was using the Real Techniques Powder Brush, and i've used that for such a long time now, but i fancied a change as i find that the Real Techniques one is pretty big and annoying to carry around because the actual brush is huge and the handle is long too whereas this Zoeva one is much much smaller and fits into my make up bag so much better than the Real Techniques one although they both do the exact same thing, they both apply powder great but i just prefer the Zoeva one because it's much smaller and i feel like the RT's one is too big for me. 


3. Face Paint 103 Brush - £11.50

I've wanted this brush for quite a long time but only just ordered it for some stupid reason! I always see Glitter A Little on YouTube use it and it looks amazing when she uses it so i thought i would give it a go! I certainly wasn't disappointed, it's such a great brush as it's so precise and perfect for applying bronzer to the hollows of the cheeks, temples and jaw line as it's very flat and thin. I just take my brush and swirl it around it my bronzer, tap off the excess and then suck my cheeks in and apply to the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jaw line. It creates a very defined line so it's only good for applying the bronzer not blending as well (i found anyway), so then i take my Real Techniques Blusher Brush and blend it all in which works really really well. I used to use the Blusher Brush before this one and i found it was way too big to be and get really precise in the hollows of my cheeks but this Zoeva one is fantastic. I highly recommend if you're looking for a contour brush! It's also really small so can fit in your make up bag so easily. ♡



This is such a great brush for applying eye shadow, as it's very flat and dense so it's not fluffy at all so it just applys the eye shadow all over the lid and then i go in with my blending brush. There's not a lot more to say about this brush as it just does what it says; shades and applys eye shadow all over! So in expensive to for such a great quality, soft brush which applies eye shadow fantastically! 





I previously had this brush but i lost it (sad times), which made me realize how much i loved it and relied on it! I use for blending out my eye shadow and it's AMAZING. This is a brush I 100% couldn't do my make up without or if i wanna be extreme; couldn't live without it haha! It's so fluffy, gentle and soft on the eyes which is perfect for a blending brush because the last thing you want is a brush that scratches your eye or feels uncomfortable when blending. If you're looking for an in expensive blending brush then this is perfect! I can't praise it enough. ♡




6. Face Shape 110 Brush - £8.95

I use this brush for blending in my concealer under my eyes and on any redness and blemishes and i absolutely love it! I apply my concealer using the applicator it comes with and then blend it in with this brush. It's so soft and silky on my skin which is so important because the eye area is more sensitive than the rest of the face so you don't want to have rough brush to blend it all in. It's such a good shaped brush too because it's not too small at all but it's also big enough to fit under your eye which is great. That's what i love about Zoeva brushes, they are so so soft on your skin and never feel rough!






1. Sculpting Brush - £9.99 

I really love this brush as it's very dense and easy to be precise in the hollows of your cheeks, temples and jaw line. It's a lot more thicker than the Zoeva Face Paint but i do think that this one would be much more effective when using cream contour products which i'm yet to try it out on, i've only tried it on powder contour products. I use it the same as the Zoeva Face Paint one, i swirl it around my bronzer and apply carefully. I then take the RT's Blusher Brush again and blend it all in which leaves a great bronzed finish. Once i have used this with a cream product i will let you know how it goes but i definitely feel it would be great with them. 





2. Setting Brush (as part of the set) 

I love this brush because it's so small so it's perfect for applying powder to the T-Zone and setting the under eye concealer, which is what i've been using it for. It also picks up a lot of product so you only need to use a small amount of product when using it. Overall a great brush for getting the small details and area's of the face. You could also use this for applying highlighter too!




3. Fan Brush (as part of the set) 

This is a great brush for sweeping away any excess that has fallen from the eyes to complete a look, or you can also use it for applying highlighter just on the tops of the cheek bones too as it fits perfectly with the cheek bone! It's also very soft on the skin too. 




Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

I've seen so much hype over this mascara and it's been on my want list for ages but i was so reluctant to spend £20 on a mascara, but i finally bought it and i love it! It gives SO much volume and makes your lashes look so full. It does also give length as well but the main use is for if you want lots of volume on your lashes. The packaging is also really beautiful, it's like a pink/rose gold colour and it's not plastic either so it feels expensive. One thing i would say though is that you have to be really careful with it and use it slowly on your lashes, it's not just a quick throw on mascara because when i tried to do it quickly, it ends up on your lid! I also think that's because the brush is quite big as well, so it's easier for it to end up on your eyelid. Overall i'm really happy with this mascara and how it makes my lashes look. 



I was recently in Boots and just browsing the drugstore section, not looking for any specifically and i came across the Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes and this one caught my eye. I tend to go for a golden/brown eye all the time but this one included a bit more colour which i felt i needed to venture out into and come out my comfort zone with the golden look so i swatched a couple of the shades on my hand and fell in love so i bought it. It's such great quality for the price as well as it's only £7.99 and has such great shades in it and the pigmentation of the shades are so good for a drugstore palette and they glide onto the eye really lovely. I recently wore the 2 pink shades on my Get Ready With Me | Evening Edition blog post as well which you can check out if you would like :) 



SWATCHES |

The top row of the palette, these are lighter & more gold colours of the palette. All shimmer and one matte shade (Calm Before The Storm)

These are the darker colours of the palette with blues, greens and a black. They are all shimmer apart from the shade "Eye Of The Storm" and this isn't very pigmented at all, i had to take about 3/4 applications to get it to the colour in the photo. 

I always see 'Glitter A Little' on You Tube using this and saying she loves this moisturizer and i was recently in Space NK and i told one of the make up artists that i find throughout the day, my make up looks slightly cakey around my eyes and parts of my face and she recommended the Mac Strobe Cream so i thought i had to give it a go really. I bought the mini travel size one first incase i didn't get on with it and then wasted all my money, but i am so pleased with this product. It's super hydrating on my skin and moisturizes it so well. It definitely makes my make up look more fresh and not cakey at all. It also creates a great base for my make up too so i'm really happy with this product overall and i will definitely buy the big version once this little one has run out! 


So that's everything for my Product Reviews today! I hope you enjoyed reading about my latest purchases and what i think about them and hopefully it will help you if you were thinking about buying any of these products or my reviews have made you want to buy them! I will see you on Sunday with my 2nd Part of My Favourite Places to go in London ♡


Blog Lovin https://www.bloglovin.com/people/isthatalice-12424901
Twitter https://twitter.com/isthatalice
Instagram https://instagram.com/isthatalice/
Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/adenton0862/

No comments:

Post a Comment