Thursday 22 October 2015



Hello & welcome back to my blog. Today's post is another music related post and it's all about the incredible Southend band Nothing But Thieves. I went to see them do an acoustic in store gig and signing at Banquet Records on 15th October and then the same at HMV Southend on the 16th October, in order to celebrate their debut self titled album release!

The first one i went to was held at Banquet Records in Kingston, London. This is a record store which sell a huge variety of vinyls and holds a lot of instore signings and sessions, i was really excited because it was my first visit to Banquet and i had heard a lot of good things about it, also a lot of amazing bands have visited the store. 



The instore event started at 6pm, so we got there around 5:00 and just had a look at all the vinyls. It was then time for them to set up and soundcheck etc... they then did 4 of their songs which were Itch, Trip Switch, If I Get High & Wake Up Call. Because it was a stripped back session, only Conor, Dom and Joe were playing but the other guys (James and Phil) were watching in the store as well. 



I loved how intimate it was, the first time i saw them was at Reading Festival so from going to a reading crowd to a tiny record store, was really weird but i loved it. Conor's voice is literally nothing like i've ever heard before, it leaves me speechless every time i hear it because it's SO fucking good. After the session we all got our copy of the debut album and qued up to get it signed and meet the band. I got a group photo of me and the band and they signed my CD. Because the band come from Southend in Essex, where i'm from, we had a nice convo about that and i also mentioned to them i was coming to the southend one tommorow. They are the loveliest guys ever, they took time to sign, take photos and have a conversation with everyone as well.




I then went to their instore event at HMV Southend, as it was in my hometown so i couldn't not go! I got my free copy of the album as i had HMV Priority access, so when we entered the store we picked up the copies and we lingered around for a bit until we all started to form a little crowd. The guys came into the store and then headed out the back whilst their tech crew got all set up. They were then ready to go so they then came out and performed their songs which were Wake Up Call, Itch, Trip Switch and If I Get High. Everyone was so pumped because of them being in our/their hometown. I think they were really happy with the amount of people who had turned up because they were quite a lot of people who were so excited to see them. After the incredible session of songs they performed (fucking incredible may i add, conors voice once again making me die) we qued up for the signing and meet and greet thing! They all signed my album and recognised me from the night before... Dom said "long time no see mate" hahaha, they were so lovely and made time to chat to everyone. A lot of their family were there as well because of it being a hometown thing which was cute. It was such a nice event because Southend never have events like this so it was really cool for it to be so local for me and for the guys to see the support they have back home.









I cannot recommend how incredible the Nothing But Thieves debut album is, it's one of those albums where you literally would not be able to physically skip any of the songs because every single one is AMAZING. I love every single song but my favourites are Ban All The Music, Trip Switch, Honey Whiskey, Hanging, Tempt You, If I Get High and Hostage. If you haven't got it and want to get it i will leave links below and you can also get it in your local HMV. I will also link to their songs for you guys to listen to. I honestly cannot wait to see them again. 



LINK TO YOUTUBE SONGS > > 

I hope you enjoyed tonight's blog post and check Nothing But Thieves out.. I will see you next week with another blog post ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment