Wednesday 23 September 2015

Meeting Sam Smith in London | ♥


Hello Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog... today's post is a recent trip to London on 16th September to meet Sam Smith (aaaaaaaaaah) in London so grab a hot drink and have a read! I hope you enjoy... 


So BBC Radio 1 have thing in September of every year called "Even More Music Month" where an artist/band comes in everyday to the live lounge to perform one of their songs and a cover. Sam Smith & Disclosure were in the live lounge on Wed 16th September & i've wanted to meet Sam Smith for SO long that i literally could not miss this opportunity, especially as it's my day off college (it was meant to be lol). I basically went to the studio that they film it at, they normally film at the BBC Radio 1 Studios in Central London but because Disclosure had a lot of stuff to use in the live lounge, they could only fit it in Maida Vale. BBC Maida Vale studios are still part of Radio 1 & BBC but they use it more for bigger spaces needed for live lounge and also Annie Mac's sessions of an evening as well. They used to do all Live Lounges at Maida Vale until it changed to BBC Radio 1 in Central. So i headed off to the Maida Vale studios near Warwick Avenue area >>>> which was such a beautiful place. 



So i got the studios, there was a few paps and about 20 people there. They then put some barriers for us all to stand behind but it was chucking down with rain so i wasn't feel very positive that he was going to stop because of the rain. He came out and stopped for absoloutely everyone, he said to us "thankyou so much for waiting in this weather guys" which was really sweet of him. He was SO nice to everyone, he signed and took photographs with everyone. He also looked so different, i can't believe how much weight he has lost but he looks amazing! 

So i got a selfie with him which he took on my phone and i'm not gonna lie, i am SO happy with my photo. #goals Also his facial hair is on point. I AM ON CLOUD 9 RIGHT NOW ♥ 


HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL WHAT THE 

We waited for Disclosure after Sam as i wanted to see them too but they were taking so so long so in the end i just went to Starbucks & then made my way home... I also took a couple of photos on my way back to the station that i will post below, it was so beautiful around the Maida Vale area. 




I hope you enjoyed my blog post about me meeting the incredible Sam Smith! Tell me who you would love to meet one day ♥ I will see you next time with another blog post... 



Twitter | @isthatlice
Instagram | @isthatalice
Snapchat | isthatalice

No comments:

Post a Comment