Sunday 6 September 2015

Reading Festival | 2015 ❤


Hello Everyone! I recently went to Reading Festival on Saturday 29th August for the day and legit had one of the best days of my life so i thought i would share my first experience at Reading with you... If you have been this year or previous years comment below your experience & highlights, i'd love to know :)

Okay so we set off to get the train about 8am as it took about 2 hours to get there and doors opened at 11. I'll also give you a detailed run down of my outfit here >>


Urban Outfitters Check Shirt (couldn't find my one so linked an alternative)
Shop Dakota ChokerNew Look Hoops & New Look Midi Rings (in the sale so no longer selling)
Sunglasses - Camden Market
Bum Bag - La Moda (in black)


So after having trouble finding the actual festival (hardly any sign posts from the station) and the shuttle bus que being ridiculously long we just risked it and followed the crowd and we made it! So we got in scanned our tickets, searched us and exchanged our tickets for wristbands and off we went to see Nothing But Thieves who were playing the Radio 1/NME Stage. I was super super excited to see this band as i'm literally obsessed with them, they also come from the area i live in as well which i didn't actually find out until after i had been listening to them! They did not disappoint, considering it was 12pm they had an amazing turn out and they put on such an incredible set. CONOR MASONS VOCALS THOUGH. IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.
Song Highlight - Trip Switch


After NBT set we chilled for a bit, got some food and sat and ate it on the grass until another act we wanted to see was on. 


We then caught the incredible surprise set from Foals in the Radio 1/NME tent who were AMAZING. Literally can't stop listening to their album after seeing them live, i now understand the hype over foals! 
Song Highlight = What Went Down


We then went to see Slaves at the BBC Radio 1/NME Stage and it was MENTAL. I literally had the best time ever, i was so f***ing excited to see slaves it was unreal and they were INCREDIBLE. Their live sets are just something else, they have so much energy it's amazing. At one point i couldn't even stretch my arms out they were bunched up by my chest because that's how squashed we were and i literally was sweating so much but it was hilarious. Massive mosh pits and we were being pushed forward and backward hahaha, they were SO sick. 
Song Highlight = The Hunter


We then went to the Radio 1 Dance Tent to see DJ Fresh, his set was so so good. I was not expecting a lot as i'm not a massive fan but we went and it was bloody amazing. The whole tent was rammed and outside was queing as well. Within 30 seconds of Hot Right Now we were in a massive mosh pit being thrown everywhere and treading on each other which was 1. scary considering my phone was in my hand and my fave sunglasses were on my head and 2. hilarious. He played tune after tune!
Song Highlight = Hot Right Now


We then went to see the fab Circa Waves in Radio 1/NME tent and they were so good! I'm quite a fan of them and love their album so i was looking forward to their set, it was amazing!
Song Highlight = Stuck In My Teeth


Then it was time for Royal Blood!!!!!!! I was so so so excited to see these guys, i'm such a huge fan of them and i think the amount of noise they come out with for a 2 piece band is just incredible and i can't get my head around to be honest. They were on the main stage so it was a huge crowd for them and their set was awesome, amazing, incredible and bloody brilliant. I knew every lyric to every song and had no shame lol! They also performed a brand new song (YES TO NEW ROYAL BLOOD) and it was so good. Everyone was going mental for them and they so deserved that slot on the main stage, they put everything into their set and it was one of my main highlights of the day. I already wanna see them again. 
Song Highlight = Figure It Out







After that we headed to the Radio 1/NME tent (once again lol) to see the band i had been waiting all freaking day for.... CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN ♥♥♥♥♥ They are my faves and i was SO excited it was a joke. It was a lot of pushing and shoving before it had even started because people were pushing to the front and then people were pushing for no reason lol. We were all chilled just standing there then all of a sudden a group of people from the far right must have all pushed to the left because everyone from the right to left just fell over haha, it was so scary because it was so unexpected and i was trying so hard to not fall over so i didn't get trampled on but i had to laugh because i looked up and everyone was crouched on the floor hahhahaahaa. 
Song Highlight = Pacifer/Kathleen (couldn't choose ok)



Catfish and The Bottlemen were ABSOLUTELY BLOODY INCREDIBLE!
The crowd were just going mental for them and i had the absolute time of my life watching my favourite band. They put on such a fricking good set it was the absoloute highlight of my whole day. We were sweating SO much, my makeup was dripping off, my feet hurt from being trod on and i think thats the sign of a bloody good set at reading festival!! Van Mcann can be mine anyday, i'm so in love with him he's such a down to earth guy <3 




We then came out for some fresh air and water and then headed back in to watch the amazing Twin Atlantic. I have been a fan of this band for quite a long time now and it was my first time seeing them so i was buzzing! Their energy was amazing & they sung all my fave twin atlantic songs ♥ We had to leave before the end of their set sadly because we had to catch the last train home but the set i did watch from them was incredible. They sound even better live than they do on record and i was singing a long to every song, if you have never listened to them i recommend you listen to Crash Land and Fall Into The Party = my faves. 
Song Highlight = Fall Into The Party



So by the end of Reading, i was covered in mud all over my legs, my poor doc martens were indulged in mud, i wanted to shower & sleep! So that's exactly what i did... And i only did a day, i can't imagine how muddy i would have been after the whole weekend haha!I am hoping to camp the whole weekend next year at Reading which is really exciting! I hope you enjoyed reading about my day at Reading and hope i didn't blab on for ages lol i'm good at that... If you're planning to go next year and have any q's feel free to comment below :) I'll leave you with this photo of me and my bestie Isabelle ♥



I'll see you next week with another blog post!







No comments:

Post a Comment