Tuesday 24 March 2015

GRWM (Hair, Make Up & Outfit)| Evening Edition... ♡

Hello Everyone! 

I hope you're having a lovely day, today i'm going to be doing a GRWM Evening Edition including makeup, hair and outfit for a evening out (i was going to a charity dinner evening). I hope you enjoy getting ready with me and let me know what blog posts you would like me to do in the next couple of weeks! 




MAKE UP 

So I have already used Garnier Micellar Water, Nivea Cleansing Gel and Nivea Exfoliating Scrub for my skin care and then i moisturise my skin using the Mac Strobe Cream (i have the mini version as it was my first time buying so thought i would buy a small one and try it first) This is really hydrating & is great base for my make up. I also use The Body Shop Instablur All in One Primer on my t-zone as this helps to reduce the shinyness(is that even a word lol) of my t-zone throughout the evening. 


I then apply my base which is the Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in the shade NC15, using my Zoeva Silk Finish 102 Brush to apply and blend this onto my face. This brush is new to my collection and i much prefer it to my Sigma F82 as it's so much more softer on my skin. 


I then apply the Urban Decay Priming Potion to prime my eyelids and this creates a smooth base for my eyeshadow and also makes my eyeshadow last all night which is what i want when i'm out for the night! I just apply a small amount and blend in with my fingers, you only need a very small amount when using this!


I then apply my the Benefit Brow Zings kit in Light onto my brows, using the wax formula first on a Zoeva 312 Wing Liner Brush and starting at the ends of my brows, so the darkest part is at the ends. I then use the brush lightly in my hand to fill in the front of my brows to make them look more natural. I then apply the powder using the same brush to the ends of my brows and once again use it lightly at the start of my eyebrows. I then set them all in place (as i want them to stay in place all night) using the Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara in Medium Brown. I then use the shade "Foxy" from the Naked 2 Palette, and apply this onto my brow bone using my finger. 




I then begin my eyes, i'm using my new Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette and i'm taking the colour "Perfect Storm" and apply this all over my eye lids using the Zoeva Luxe Classic Shader 232 Brush. This is such a beautiful pink/rose colour and it's completely out of my usual look as i normally go for a gold/bronzed eye for a evening out but i thought it would go really nice with the lip choice i have and because it's a new palette i wanted to include it (review and swatches going up on Thursday!).  I'm then blending this using my Zoeva Luxe Soft Crease 221 Brush (fave blending brush ever). 




I'm then going to be using the colour "Firestorm" from the same palette and apply this to my crease in sweeping motions, using the Zoeva 231 Luxe Petite Crease brush until i'm happy with the intensity of the colour. 





I'm then going to blend all this together and make sure there are no harsh edges on the eye, using the same Zoeva 221 Luxe Soft Crease Brush. 




I then apply my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla under my eyes, bridge of my nose, cupids bow and in between my eyebrows to highlight and then i blend with my Zoeva Face Shape Brush. I then apply the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15 to any blemishes or redness i have as this gives great coverage over blemishes and i blend this in with the same Zoeva Face Shape Brush. 




I then apply my liquid liner which is the L'Oreal Super Liner in Black Lacquer, to create a wing liner, as i love having wing liner if i'm going out for an evening and this one lasts all night and doesn't budge at all! I also love the finish of this as it looks really slick. 





I am then taking the same shade that i used for the crease "Firestorm" and taking the Zoeva Luxe Petite Crease brush and applying this colour to the bottom lid of my eye all along until the tiniest first bit of the bottom lid, where i'm then going to take the first shade i used "Perfect Storm" and apply this at the beginning of my bottom eye lid and then lightly blend them with the same brush. I love using the same colours that i use on the tops of my eyes to the bottoms of my eyes too.

I then apply my Mac Studio Fix Powder to my T-Zone area using the Zoeva Powder Brush. 
Then i apply a small amount of the same powder, to set my under eye concealer using the Real Techniques Setting Brush (part of the sculpting set).  



I then apply my Nars Laguna Bronzer to contour my cheeks and i apply this to the hollows of my cheeks, temples, jaw line and side of my nose using my Zoeva Face Paint brush to apply and the Real Techniques Blusher Brush to blend so there are no harsh lines. 


I then add a small amount of the Soap and Glory Solar Powder for an added bronze and glow colour and i lightly sweep this on the hollows of my cheeks and temples using the RT Blusher Brush.


I then add a small amount of blusher using the NYX Blush in Bourgeion Pig and i use the Real Techniques Blusher Brush again for that. (that brush is used for a lot in this look lol).



Now it's time to apply my mascara, so first of all i'm using the QVC Eyelash Curlers (couldn't find these online but i got them from Asda) to curl my lashes and then i'm going in with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (this is a recent purchase and review will be up on Thursday) which gives my lashes SO much volume and thickness which is perfect for a night out, i think. I apply this to the tops of my lashes and the bottoms too. 




Then my 2nd to last step is lips. I'm going for a plum/deep vampy lip so first of all i'm taking the Rimmel London lip liner in 063 Black Tulip and then filling the lips in with Revlon Lipstick in Black Cherry (my fave berry lipstick) using the Real Techniques Eyeliner Brush ( part of the eye set). I'm then going to take some of Revlon Colour Stay Moisture Lip Stain in Parisian Passion and lightly apply it to my lips to add a bit more gloss and shine to the lips and then dab it lightly with my finger.




My final step to my makeup evening routine is to apply Mac Prep + Prime Fix +, this sets my make up in place and makes it last all night which is exactly what i need as you don''t want to be going to the toilets to do touch ups! 


I then move onto my hair, this parts actually pretty boring to be honest as i'm not very adventurous with my hair. First of all i brush it all through using my Denman Brush to remove any knots and tangles. Then i just use the V05 Heat Protect Styling Spray and spray this all over my hair to protect it from the heat of the straighteners and then i spray over my hair the Lisap Ultimate Kerasil Complex which smells amazing but also acts as a heat protect but mainly keeps my hair feeling/looking soft and stays straight throughout the night as i don't want my hair going all flickly and frizzy. 





I then straighten all my hair using the Nicky Clarke Hair Straighteners, i do this in 3 sections starting from the bottom and working up to the top of my hair. I then just gather the front small section of my hair and apply a small hair band for an almost half up half down look but using less hair to put up. And that's my hair done! I know very simple but i find i can't do a lot with my hair because it's so thin! 




Then moving onto my final part; Outfit. Now because it's only a "going out for dinner" look i'm not dressing up too much so i'm wearing my ASOS Black T-Shirt with the word "Daydream" on the side with my Urban Outfitters Harrington Jacket. I'm then wearing my  DIY Ripped Black Joni Jeans from Topshop and the shoes i'm wearing are from Public Desire "Shay Black Cleated Sole Chelsea Boots", and aren't they just the best boots EVER! I love love love them and Public Desire do the most amazing shoes and their prices are so good! 






For Jewellery i'm wearing my Topshop Rose Gold and Black Leather watch (i got this in the sale about 4 months ago so i will link an alternative) and my River Island Gold Hoops to jazz up the outfit a bit! These are pretty huge though but i love them lol! 




Then i will go in and add one my favourite perfumes either the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (which is the best perfume ever which i've just run out of which makes me sad lol) or Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (not actually a fan of britney but her fantasy perfumes are lovely lol). 

FINAL LOOK | 



So that's everything for my Get Ready With Me | Evening Edition, i hope you enjoyed getting ready with me and i really loved editing and doing this blog post! Hope you have a lovely evening... I will see you on Thursday for my newest make up haul reviews! P.S some of the photos make me look much much paler than i actually was in real life! :( 





1 comment:

  1. Really nice post Alice, you should really do more of these! Also I have nominated you for the Creative Blogger's Award!! Check out my blog post for more information : http://afrobeebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-creative-bloggers-award.html
    Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete